Meet & match @ Agoria
Ten start-ups get the opportunity to pitch in front of the Belgian manufacturing, transport and building technology industry at the Agoria BluePoint Conference Centre in Brussels on Wednesday December 6th 2017.
Don’t miss this unique momentum to meet and network with C-level industry leaders, entrepreneurs, designers, developers, investors, looking for innovative Industrial Internet of Things solutions and partnerships.
The event is organized by Agoria, the Belgian federation for the technology industry, IoTBE, the Belgian cluster of IoT high-tech companies & start-ups and Link2Innovate, an Interreg Flanders-Netherlands project with the financial support of the European Regional Development Fund that stimulates cross-border cooperation between Technostarters and corporates. Ten start-ups with IoT and connected hardware solutions for the following domains will be selected:
The Manufacturing Industry brings together companies specialised in Production Technology & Mechatronics which supply machinery, components and solutions for the production equipment of the processing and the manufacturing industry, and companies specialised in Transport Systems & Solutions active in the construction and assembly of transportation equipment (cars, trucks, railway, ship…) and their suppliers.
These companies are active in the entire production chain: simple industrial machines or components, plant construction, supply and integration of systems, specific maintenance services for machinery and components.
The Agoria Building Technology business community brings together companies engaged in the design, manufacturing, import, sale, installation and/or supply of services, products, systems or solutions for the construction and equipment of residential and non-residential buildings and Smart Building.
A selection team (Agoria/Sirris/IoTBE/Link2Innovate) will review the applications (you may be asked to deliver additional information). A semi-final on Thursday November 30th PM will be organised in Brussels with the selection team as jury to select the 10 best candidates. You’ll also have to give a pitch presenting your project. The 10 finalists will be invited to pitch in front of the Agoria members from the manufacturing and building technology industry.They will meet and network with C-level industry leaders and investors and gain press & media visibility. Finalists will have a booth to showcase and convince the participants of their expertise and experience.
Applications open for start-ups:
- having less than 10 employees
- evidence present of structural capital funding (< € 250.000)
- having been created in 2008 and later
- Start-ups should present their project in maximum 5 minutes
- Language: English
- Only IoT, connected hardware concepts or data analytics solutions, services or products related to manufacturing, transport (focus on car assembly) and building technology
- Call submission: maximum 1 A4 paper addressing following criteria:
- Assessing the Need: An analysis of the market needs. Does the proposed project address a significant and critical problem in one of the 3 proposed domains? What is your value proposition?
- Well-defined Target: Characteristics of the market and targeted population. Does the proposed project adequately describe the problem it hopes to address?
- Creativity: A demonstration that the proposed solution displays a unique approach. Does the proposal approach the problem in an innovative, exciting, and dynamic way?
- Feasibility: A demonstration that the project can be successfully implemented. Does the initiative aspire towards clear, realistic and achievable goals, while thinking big? Can it be implemented effectively?
- Management: An assessment of the entrepreneur(s) and team. Does the entrepreneurial team possess the skills and experience required to translate the plan into action? Can they demonstrate the passion, commitment, and perseverance required to overcome inevitable obstacles?
- Presentation: Overall effectiveness of the actual presentation.
- Did the presenter(s) engage the audience and hold their attention?
- Did the presenter(s) appear to speak with confidence authority?
- Were visual aids (i.e. PowerPoint® slides) clear and valuable?
- Was the pitch exciting and compelling?
- How efficiently did the team allot their time?
Wednesday December 6th 2017, 14:30 – 17:30
BluePoint Building Bd. A. Reyers 80 1030 Brussels
Ben Van Roose
Link2Innovate is gefinancierd binnen het Interreg V programma Vlaanderen-Nederland, het grensoverschrijdend samenwerkingsprogramma met financiële steun van het Europees Fonds voor Regionale Ontwikkeling en de volgende sponsors. Meer info: www.grensregio.eu